Sunday, June 20, 2010

Shrimp-Tomato-Basil Pasta

IMG_4259I made this up.  Well…I know I’m not the first to think of this combo, but I didn’t use a recipe.  It turned out really well for not using a recipe.  It was very light, pretty healthy and had lots of flavor.  So…since I didn’t use a recipe, I’ll do my best to blog this “recipe”. IMG_4219 
Ingredients:angel hair pasta, shrimp, butter, parmesan cheese, cherry tomatoes, onion, basil, garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, white wine, salt and pepper.IMG_4221
Put shrimp on the grill and start boiling water for pasta.  I bought these garlic seasoned shrimp skewers at Anderson’s…megasimple. 
IMG_4227
Toast your pine nuts until golden brown. (5-10 minutes) Ours weren’t golden, but that’s because I rushed the whole recipe.  We made this the same night of the strawberry basil salad.  By the time we got to this dish we were really hungry.  It takes about 2-3 times as long to cook when I’m planning to blog about it.  Lots of picture set up and picture taking slows the cooking process.  
IMG_4230  
Chop some onion.IMG_4232 
Sauté about 2 T. of onion with 1T. minced garlic in 2T of butter for 5-7 minutes. I also added about 7-10 turns of freshly ground salt and pepper.
IMG_4234   
Cut some cherry tomatoes in half.   IMG_4242  
Chiffonade some basil. I love this word.  It means layer the basil, roll it up tight and slice it thin.IMG_4245
Add about 2T. of white wine.  We used a pinot grigio. Let it cook down for about 5 minutes.
IMG_4247 
Add about 2-3 T. of olive oil.IMG_4248 
Add tomatoes and sauté in sauce for 2-3 minutes.
IMG_4250
Add grilled shrimp.
IMG_4251
Sauté everything together to heat for 2-3 minutes.IMG_4252
Add cooked angel hair pasta to sauce and toss to coat.
  IMG_4254
Separate in two bowls and add toasted pine nuts.
 IMG_4257 
Add some fresh parmesan cheese.
 IMG_4260
Add the basil chiffonade and enjoy!  I could have worked on a better presentation, but we were really hungry by this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment