Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mini Crème Brulee–Part 1

This recipe will be in two parts basically because I’m super busy these days which makes blogging a little challenging.  Tonight I made mini versions of crème brulee.  They are in the oven as I type. We frequently eat egg whites for breakfast and I can’t think of a better way use the yolks than in this megasimple dessert.  IMG_4705IMG_4707
If they turn out they might possibly be the most megasimple dessert ever.  If they don’t turn out… well, this will likely be the last time I make one recipe cover two days of blogging. 

The Recipe
Wisk together the following ingredients until creamy.
2 cups of heavy cream
1.5 cups of sugar
1 T. vanilla
5 egg yolks

Put ramekins in a 9x13 baking pan. Fill ramekins with crème brulee mixture.  Fill baking dish with hot water to approximately half way up the ramekins. 

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment