Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pelotonia

My youngest brother and sister are both involved with Pelotonia and the big event is this weekend.  Pelotonia is a grassroots bike tour with one goal: to end cancer.  Check out the 2009 opening ceremony video.

My little sister, Morgan, has interned at Pelotonia in Columbus all summer.  I posted about it previously here. I had a chance to visit the Pelotonia office a couple of weeks ago and meet some of the people she works with.  I’m super excited to see the 2010 opening ceremony video because Morgan is in it!  Although she isn’t riding, because she’ll be working the event, she has a virtual rider page that you can check out here.

Alex, Morgan’s twin, will be riding! He chose the 100-mile route from Columbus to Athens.  He is working on raising $10,000,000 dollars by Friday.  He’s well on his way and is already up to $225.00.  If you’d like to help him reach his goal you can visit his Pelotonia page here.

I’m a proud big sister and love that they have both put their time and energy into such a great cause and organization this summer.  I can’t say that my college summers were as meaningful or productive, but that’s a whole other post.  Look for a post ride follow up next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment