Thursday, August 5, 2010

S Type Creative

IMG_2588I spent some time at S Type Creative a couple of Saturdays ago.  It’s an art gallery in Defiance that hosts the work of 34 different artists.  I’ve been meaning to check it out for months.  I found it on Etsy when I was looking for local artists.
IMG_2592It’s an eclectic store with art created from many mediums with prices that range the spectrum. You’ll find paintings, photography, pottery, jewelry, soaps, cards, spices, candles, lip balm, t-shirts, glass and more. 
IMG_2594IMG_2577  IMG_2583
I met Christi who was working the gallery on Saturday.  She gave me the whole scoop and was very knowledgeable about the history of the gallery, the artists and their work.  Christi also told me about some really cool events Defiance is hosting.   First-Fridays-LogoDid you know Defiance is hosting their third “First Friday” of the summer tomorrow?  I heard there is food, artists demonstrating their creative processes and the businesses stay open later than usual.  Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment