Monday, October 11, 2010

Pecan Pie

Pecan-Pie-420x279 
Picture from www.thepioneerwoman.com

I’m still on a fall flavors kick and I made this pie over the weekend.  I followed this recipe from The Pioneer Woman, but made two changes.  1. I used a premade frozen crust because it’s even more megasimple that way.  2. I used Orange Glazed Pecans from Stella Leona instead of regular pecans. It was really good and got rave reviews from my family.  I’d definitely make it again.  It was a little runny and didn’t set up as well as I’d hoped. I’m thinking next time…less karo and more pecans, but without a doubt this recipe is a keeper!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the nuts being chopped. The taste is just as good and serving is much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI...pecan pie is my favorite:)

    ReplyDelete