Monday, November 1, 2010

Owl Brownie Bites

I saw some large owl cupcakes at this site. Friday night I decided to make miniature owl brownie versions of this idea.  I’m not much of a baker or crafter, but these are so megasimple and super cute.  
IMG_9509
I used a Betty Crocker boxed brownie mix.  I filled mini cupcake tins 3/4 full and baked them at 325 degrees for about 21 minutes. 
IMG_9511
I frosted the brownie bites with chocolate frosting from a can.  The eyes are regular sized oreos, medium sized generic oreos from dollar general (1.00/box) and mini oreos.  The pupils and noses are regular m and m’s, reeces pieces and mini m and m’s.  I couldn’t get the oreos to separate very well so I put some white frosting in a baggie and piped some onto each side of the cookie to even out the white part. 
IMG_9519 
I think some orange cupcake liners would be super cute with these, but I didn’t have any so I just sprayed the pan with Pam for baking w/flour.  It is a miracle spray that my friend Meredith introduced me too.  Do NOT try to make brownie bites without liners if you don’t have this spray.

We enjoy Halloween every year and look forward to our friends stopping by with their kids for trick or treating.  The Karate Kid and a kangaroo stopped by and stayed for a while too! IMG_3281
IMG_3303

4 comments:

  1. Megan- I love your blog! Great idea for the owl cupcakes! Thank you for sharing!
    -Jessica Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cupcakes are too cute and so are your Halloween photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The owl brownie bites are just too darn cute!

    ~The Horrible Housewife

    http://confessionsofahorriblehousewife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god... cutest cupcakes ever!

    ReplyDelete